Before we get started, it’s important to decide what type of app you want to build. Here are some samples of public-facing apps our customers have built, to give you an idea of what you can do. If your app is going to be internal-facing, let us know and we can give you some examples of internal apps. We can reuse a lot of functionality. You can build any custom app – the possibilities are endless!
Once you have decided what type of app you want to build please download and fill out the Questionnaire below. After you return it to the Client Success Team
we will review it and get back to you with any questions we have.
When we receive your questionnaire, we will schedule an Intake call. This call will take about an hour. During this call we will dive down into your questionnaire and clearly define the app and put together an estimated time line.
In order to submit your apps to the stores, we will need your developer account information. Setting up Android takes about half an hour and costs $25. iOS can take upto 2 weeks. You must have your DUNS number available when you set up your account. A developer account is $99 and an Enterprise account is $299. Depending on what type of apps you plan on building you may need both of these accounts.
We will create mock ups for your app and send to you for approval. It generally takes about a week after the intake call to get these to you. It is important to get the look and feel as well as the flow right from the start so don’t be afraid to come back with comments and requests for tweaking.
Once we agree on mock ups, we will begin app creation. During this process we will need all the data integrated into the app before we can get your sign off.
There are several levels of training available. Enjoy Building Apps? Get MobileSmith Certified! Become Certified in the MobileSmith Platform with our certification program! Spend three days doing a deep dive learning of the MobileSmith App Development Platform with one of our convenient training options. Based on your contract you may be entitled to one or more of the following
- When your app is almost complete, the appropriate level of training will be scheduled
- A zip file of training materials will be sent to download
- 1-2 hour Go To Meeting for a platform overview
- Three days of Certification Training at our MobileSmith office
- Three days of onsite Certification Training, scheduled at your convenience with a minimum of two people in attendance
We will collect the screenshots and submit the app to the store on your behalf. If you would like to watch us do it so you can do it in the future, we will schedule a Go To meeting and walk you through the process.
- In order to submit the apps to the stores, we will gather the needed screenshots. We will need a description and keywords from you. iOS uses the keywords for their search feature while Android uses the words in the description to search. If there is a specific keyword you want used, I would suggest you use it a few times in the description so that Android will pick up on it.
- App Name: 13 Characters before it get’s cut off. So “Children’s Health” would get cut of as so: “Children’s He”
- Category: would be either Health and Fitness or Medical
- Description: for iOS – 4000 character limit. For Android there is a short description and long description. Short description is 80 characters. Long description is 4000 characters.
- Android does NOT need keywords. It uses the words in the description to search on, so if there is a word that is very important, be sure to include it multiple times.
- iOS accepts up to 100 characters for keywords
- iOS needs copyright info (i.e. 2015 Children’s Health)
For promoting your app, MobileSmith offers several options to help you get the word out! Be sure to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information related to the following:
- Press Releases
- Case Studies
- Mobile App Award Submissions
Our Knowledge Base can be accessed at anytime by typing support.mobilesmith.com
in your web browser, where you can find common FAQs and step by step tutorials for create mobile apps in the platform. For problems you may encounter, instructions for how to submit a help desk ticket are available at support.mobilesmith.com. You will need to first create a Knowledge Base account, submit a Helpdesk ticket, and our Client Success Team will work to resolve your problem in a timely manner.